The #1 app for neurosurgery in the world, three times mentioned in iMedicalApps’ “Top Apps” and more than 140,000 downloads just got better.
A major improvement since version 2.0 is the addition of interactive clinical decision support, now with 24 items. The system can easily be expanded to facilitate guideline implementation in a fast and individualized manner. Furthermore, NeuroMind 2.1 now contains a 113 scores that are relevant for your neurosurgical practice.
Anatomical pictures are provided for explanation to patients and students, and the WHO Safe Surgery checklist is included. The app is officially supported by Surgical Neurology International, the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS), and Neurosurgic.com.
The latest developments can be followed on the blog.
- 18 new neurosurgical classifications
- 1 new decision support item (ISUIA trial)
- added EANS support
- added support for iPhone 5 screen dimensions
- improved handling on recent (high-resolution) Android devices
NeuroMind for Windows 8 is available since November 2012, and can be downloaded free of charge from the Windows Store. It contains all the scores that are available on iOS and on Android, but it does not yet contain the decision support items. Specific updates on the Windows 8 version are available here.
Simply a must have for neurosurgeons and also neurologists.
Great app, and a needed pocket companion for any modern neurosurgeon.
- Ron Zellem; neurosurgeon, Hendersonville, TN
Your app is wonderful.
- Rangel Guimarães; neurosurgeon, Brazil
Thanks for a great job! Very useful resource.
- WT Seow; neurosurgeon, National Neuroscience Institute, Singapore
Your application is a great help for daily work!
- Michel Röthlisberger; resident in neurosurgery, Basel, Switzerland
Great job! Great application!
- Bruno Carvalho; resident in neurosurgery, Oporto, Portugal
Excelente app para el dia a dia
- Dr. Juan Correa; residente Neurocirugia, Panama
Thanks for this app. It is the best free neuro app.
- Evgeniy Starkov; neurologist, Tolyatti, Russia.
Great app! Thanks.
- Lydia Estanislao; neurologist, Las Vegas,USA
Excellent and very useful! I am an internist and use it everyday; thank you.
- Thilak Chander; internist, Sault Ste. Marie, MI, USA
Thanks for all ur hard work on this app!
- Douglas Maurer; Program Director Familiy Medicine Residency, USA
This is a wonderful app for learning neuro-assessments.
- Elon Hudson; Occupational Therapist, USA
This is an amazing app. Thank you so much!!!
- Olivia Po; medical student, Detroit, MI, USA
Just wanted to thank you for the very impressive application you have contributed to. It’s a very useful app both for the clinical part of neurology and neurosurgery, but also for studying. So thanks a lot :)
- Maria Overvad; medical student, Denmark
As the graph below shows, NeuroMind is really used all over the world!
- Newspaper interview for Financieel Dagblad (Mar 2013)
- Listed as a Top Ten “Best Top Free Medical Apps” (Mar 2013)
- Listed as one of the “indispensable tech-tools for nurses” (Mar 2013)
- Cover article on “Doctor App” in newspaper De Limburger (Jan 2013, Dutch)
- Article in CNS Quarterly – Winter 2013 (Jan 2013)
- Named one of the “Top Ten Internet-Smart Doctors in the WORLD” (Dec 2012)
- Honorable Mention in iPad Top Apps series on iMedicalApps.com (Jun 2012)
- Article in the British Journal of Neurosurgery (Jun 2011)
- Article in the IBTA‘s Brain Tumour, World Edition 2011
- Mentioned in Laika’s MedLibLog (Apr 2011)
- Presentation on TEDxMaastricht (Apr 2011; watch on YouTube)
- Interview in Mozaiek, Atrium MC magazine (Apr 2011, Dutch)
- Back cover on MediRisk magazine “Alert” (Mar 2011, Dutch)
- News item on Neurosurgic.com (Mar 2011)
- Article on iMedicalApps.com (Mar 2011)
- Interview in Medisch Contact magazine (Mar 2011, Dutch; see cover)
- Interview Dagblad De Limburger / Limburgs Dagblad (Mar 2011, Dutch)
- Article in MacFan magazine (Feb 2011, Dutch); “neuroloog” is an error…
- Article in Het Belang Van Limburg (2011, Flemish)
- Article on Ziekenhuiskrant.nl (2011, Dutch – page 7)
- Article on NieuweMedia.blog.nl (2011, Dutch)
- Article on Pharmamarketeer.nl (2011, Dutch)
- Article on Mednet.nl (2011, Dutch)
- Article on Technologie.blog.nl (2011, Dutch)
- Article on Huisartsvandaag.nl (2011, Dutch)
- Article on MedischOndernemen.nl (2011, Dutch)
- Article on MaastrichtAktueel.nl (2011, Dutch)
- Article on ScienceGuide.nl (2011, Dutch)
- Article on DigitaleZorg.nl (2011, Dutch)
- Article on GezondheidsKrant.nl (2011, Dutch)
- Article on ZorgVisie.nl (2011, Dutch)
- Article on Wetenschap24.nl (2011, Dutch)
- Article in Observant (2011, Dutch)
- Press release Maastricht University Medical Center (2011, Dutch / English)
- Interview Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Geneeskunde (2011, Dutch)
- Article on Reach Out Pro (2010)
- Top 20 Free iPhone Medical Apps For Health Care Professionals (2010)
- Article in Arts & Auto, VVAA magazine (2010, Dutch)
- Interview American Medical Association (2010)
- 33 iPhone Apps Every Healthcare Professional Needs (2010)
- Free iPhone medical apps that every doctor can use (on KevinMD.com, 2010)
- Top 10 Free iPhone Medical Apps for Health care Professionals (2010)
- Interview Observant (2010, Dutch)
- Interview iMedicalApps.com (by @OrthoOnc, 2010)
Click on an image for a slideshow. Click again on the (large) image to close. All images may be reproduced provided a link to this website is clearly provided.